The Best Ever team is thrilled to announce that we’re celebrating a remarkable milestone in the world of podcasting — the Best Ever Show has reached an incredible 40 million downloads!
That’s right. You guys have downloaded episodes of our podcast 40. Million. Times.
Thank you so much for listening. None of this would have been possible without you, our Best Ever listeners.
As a tribute to our incredible audience who made this achievement possible, we’ve compiled a list of the top 40 most-downloaded episodes that have captivated and inspired you throughout the years.
Check out our top 40 list below to discover the episodes that have resonated the most with other listeners and ultimately contributed to the Best Ever Show’s success.
- JF2879: Why Tax Credit Knowledge Is Key for Developers ft. Bob Voelker
Bob Voelker, a multi-talented professional who transitioned from a CPA to an attorney to a real estate developer, shares his experiences, insights, and the impact of his tax credit expertise, discussing his journey into development and the valuable lessons he has acquired.
- JF2811: Why Mixed-Use Buildings Can Provide Huge Returns | Beyond Multifamily with Ash Patel
Ash Patel shares his story of how he got started in real estate to demonstrate the hidden value of mixed-use buildings.
- JF2784: 5 Things You Need to Know Before Investing in Senior Housing ft. Adam Benton
Adam Benton, owner of Stellar Senior Living and experienced general partner, imparts his expertise on the unique investment class of senior living facilities by discussing the essential concepts investors should understand before adding them to their portfolios.
- JF2812: Are Mobile Home Parks an Undervalued Asset Class? ft. Jonathan Tuttle
Jonathan Tuttle, with extensive experience in the mobile home park industry, discusses the evolving landscape of mobile home parks, future trends, and his perspective on their undervalued nature as an asset class.
- JF2785: Move Over, California — The Rise of Texas Vineyards ft. Mason Moreland
Mason Moreland, a former wildlife management biologist turned real estate investor and managing partner of Texas Vine Country, delves into the world of Texas vineyard development, operation, and investment, combining his passions for real estate and vineyards.
- JF2817: Building Momentum from House Hack to LP ft. Nicole Pendergrass
Nicole Pendergrass, the founder of Noirvest Holdings, shares her journey from a three-family house hack in the Bronx to becoming an LP investor, discusses the valuable lessons she has learned, and outlines her mission to promote equity and increase net worth for communities of color in the realm of value-add commercial multifamily.
- JF2816: The Passive Income Mindset — How to Reduce Risk | Actively Passive Investing Show ft. Travis Watts
Travis challenges the conventional "buy low, sell high" passive income investing strategy and presents an alternative approach that incorporates real estate and stocks, exploring their suitability for different investment needs in this episode.
- JF2814: Develop the Staying Power You Need to Survive the Next Recession ft. Vicky Schiff
Vicky Schiff, a seasoned entrepreneur with experience in the self-storage industry and real estate ventures, shares insights on the significance of resilience, the psychological aspects of economic cycles, and her approach to addressing concerns about the future of commercial real estate.
- JF2815: How to Scale to $200M AUM without Partners ft. Logan Rankin
Logan Rankin, a former retail operations leader, recounts his journey from financial dissatisfaction to becoming a successful real estate investor with 185 buildings and 1,923 units, sharing insights on scaling without partners or syndications, lead generation strategies, and the key rule that guides his success.
- JF2822: From the Market Crash to $350M AUM ft. Robert Ritzenthaler
Robert Ritzenthaler, CEO and founder of REM Capital, reflects on his transition from Wall Street to real estate and shares insights on navigating the current interest rate climate, the benefits of bridge debt, and the valuable lessons he has learned in this episode, which encompasses his success managing $350M AUM across multiple states and a substantial portfolio of over 3,400 doors.
- JF2919: When LPs Decide to Change the Market ft. Michael Episcope
Michael Episcope, co-CEO of Origin Investments, reflects on his transition from commodities trading to real estate and shares insights on building a successful private equity real estate firm, including finding the right business partner, remote developer management strategies, the impact of the JOBS act on Origin's growth, and the valuable lesson of knowing when to say no.
- JF2826: From a GPA of 1.53 to GP of 51 Units & 2 Hotels ft. Jiries Dawaher
Jiries Dawaher, who started with a low GPA and served in the Army National Guard, recounts his journey from bartending to successful real estate ventures, including wholesaling and acquiring multifamily properties, while sharing his networking strategies and expansion into the hotel business.
- JF2821: Short-Term Rental Property + Wedding Venue = $300K Annual Revenue ft. Bailey Kramer
Bailey Kramer, a driven young entrepreneur, shares his journey of breaking into commercial real estate at a young age, acquiring a unique property with commercial zoning that allows weddings, and discussing his financing approach, showcasing his progress as a general partner with 64 units and a short-term rental property.
- JF2829: From Marcus & Millichap Broker to GP of 6,000 Units ft. Max Sharkansky
Max Sharkansky, a former broker turned real estate investor and general partner of 6,000 units in various states, discusses his approach to accessing deals ahead of the institutional process, adapting underwriting and debt structures in response to current events, and his unwavering commitment to the multifamily asset class.
- JF2908: Multifamily Investing w/ a Military Mindset ft. Patrick Reven
Patrick Reven, an active-duty Air Force Pilot and co-founder of Vectored Equity, highlights how his experience as a pilot has equipped him for effective asset management, discusses the balance between his military career and general partner responsibilities, and explains the rationale behind his focus on properties with 50 units or less.
- JF2885: Raising Capital in a Volatile Economic Climate ft. Justin Dixon
Justin Dixon, co-founder of Great Venture Capital, shares insights into the debt structure of his latest real estate deal, addresses investor inquiries related to the evolving economy, and discusses his efforts to foster investor relationships as a capital raiser in this episode, highlighting his experience as a general partner overseeing 400+ units and a limited partner in over 1,000 units.
- JF2831: How a Former Teacher Scaled to $400M in AUM ft. Todd Dexheimer
Todd Dexheimer, a former high school teacher turned real estate investor and general partner overseeing 4,000 units, discusses his journey from buying a single-family rental property to focusing on commercial multifamily and senior housing assets, explains the impact of the current market on his underwriting and debt perspective, and emphasizes the importance of understanding the market's current state for survival.
- JF2830: Two Best Ever Ways to Increase Your Income | Actively Passive Investing Show ft. Travis Watts
Travis discusses two strategies to increase income: starting or investing in a business, emphasizing the importance of multiple income streams, and investing in real estate, highlighting the long-standing trend of millionaires owning real estate, the tax benefits it offers, and the current high demand for affordable housing in the United States.
- JF2872: Financial Freedom — Should You Stop Working? | Passive Investor Tips ft. Travis Watts
In the first episode of Passive Investor Tips, Travis explores the concept of financial freedom, defining it as having more passive income than lifestyle expenses, discusses retirement as a dollar amount rather than an age, encourages considering personal enjoyment in work, and emphasizes the importance of understanding one's own desires and goals when deciding whether to stop working.
- JF2819: Why the Sky Is the Limit for Toronto Investors ft. Jas Takhar
Jas Takhar, a real estate broker with 17 years of experience, shares his long-term hold investing strategy, insights on timing the market, and future prospects for investors in Toronto.
- JF2910: Serving Your Investors in Uncertain Times ft. Justin Liggitt
Justin Liggit, the Director of Investor Relations for DJE Texas Management Group, discusses the target investor for DJE's syndications, their expansion into Texas ranch land, and the importance of stillness in his investor relations role.
- JF2824: Disrupting the Hospitality Industry ft. Robert Rivani
Robert Rivani, president of Black Lion, a commercial real estate investment company, discusses how they are disrupting the hospitality industry in Miami, their approach to distressed markets and remodeling, their perspective on debt, and why they thrive on volatility.
- JF2916: Two Lifetimes of Lessons on Scaling ft. Richard Simtob
Richard Simtob shares his journey as an entrepreneur and how he transitioned from scaling franchises to real estate, highlighting his dynamic co-GP relationship with his son, Brad, and providing advice on structuring company partnerships for young people.
- JF2934: Making the Move from Wall St. to Main St. ft. Michael Gilman
Michael Gilman discusses his transition from a career in investment banking to real estate, highlighting his successful journey as an investor and the founding of Cross Mountain Capital, focusing on value-add and opportunistic real estate, and sharing insights on due diligence and scaling.
- JF2917: Shopping Centers & Small Bay Industrial ft. Danny Newberry
Danny Newberry discusses his focus on value-add shopping centers and small bay industrial facilities, sharing insights on the repositioning process and his approach to tenant relationships, while also highlighting the group's emphasis on single-tenant, ground-up construction deals.
- JF2900: The Velocity of Capital — How to Compound Your Returns | Passive Investor Tips ft. Travis Watts
Travis explains how to compound your returns, drawing on his own personal experiences to illustrate this fundamental and impactful passive investing concept.
- JF2877: Producing Massive Results in an Unpredictable Economic Climate ft. Jason Yarusi
Jason Yarusi, founder of Yarusi Holdings, LLC, shares insights on how the current economic climate impacts his deal analysis, his preference for "sleep-better-at-night" debt, and his focused approach to the Nashville market.
- JF2907: The Rule of 72 — How to Double Your Money | Passive Investor Tips ft. Travis Watts
Travis introduces the rule of 72, a formula to estimate the time it takes to double an investment, and emphasizes its significance for active and passive investors, offering examples and a free financial independence calculator to listeners.
- JF2894: 7 Secrets to Cultivating a Winning Team ft. AJ Klenk
AJ Klenk, founder of Capstone Companies and owner of multifamily properties and restaurants, shares his strategies for building a successful team and talks about how his achievements are driving him toward his goal of building schools in developing countries.
- JF2870: Knowing When to Walk Away from a Deal ft. Tommy Brant
Tommy Brant, a full-time multifamily syndicator and real estate investor, shares his insights on purchasing rental properties in Florida, his decision-making process when walking away from a contract, and his effective approach of using direct-to-seller advertising with a broker to find deals.
- JF2844: Why Investors Lose Money - How to Stop Misbehaving | Actively Passive Investing Show ft. Travis Watts
Travis explores the key points of Misbehaving: The Making of Behavioral Economics by Richard H. Thaler, highlighting Thaler's findings that challenge the assumption of rationality in people's financial behavior through various examples.
- JF2909: How to Deal with CRE Vacancy | Beyond Multifamily ft. Ash Patel
Ash shares expert advice on effectively filling vacancies in commercial real estate, offering insights on purchasing decisions, strategies for addressing vacancies, and practical tips for finding tenants.
- JF2901: 45 Years without Losing a Dollar ft. Adam Rosenkranz
Adam Rosenkranz shares insights into the real estate acquisitions and deal structuring strategies of Christina, a long-standing Malibu-based real estate developer, highlighting the influence of their track record, their approach to due diligence, and their perspective on short-term debt.
- JF2818: 15 Podcast Interview Tips | Beyond Multifamily ft. Ash Patel
Ash shares the mistakes he’s made as a podcast guest and what he has learned from them.
- JF2871: 4 Tips for Engaging with Sellers Off-Market ft. Alex Olson
Alex Olson, a senior real estate mentor at XChangeCRE, provides his top four tips for effectively engaging with off-market sellers, drawing from his experience representing 1031 exchange buyers in the multifamily and triple-net investment space.
- JF2936: Why Investors Lose Money in Multifamily ft. Bobby Larsen
Bobby Larsen, founder and principal of Vanamour Investments, shares his insights on qualifying operators as an LP, building trust with LPs as a GP, common reasons investors lose money in multifamily, and why he believes the current time is opportune for investment.
- JF2843: Generating Value from Distressed Properties ft. Ken Naim
Ken Naim, president of DB Performance and managing member of Beacon One, discusses his first commercial property deal, his investment strategy across asset classes, and his recent entry into syndication.
- JF2884: How to Lead with Educational Content ft. Anthony Vicino
Anthony Vicino, managing partner at Invictus Capital, discusses his leadership approach through educational content, leveraging his local reputation, and offers advice for new investors.
- JF2918: Real Estate Market Update | Round Table
Ash and Travis provide a comprehensive update on the current state of the real estate market, including insights on inflation, interest rates, single-family market, multifamily, and non-residential commercial real estate, helping listeners determine if now is a favorable time to enter the real estate industry.
- JF2865: The Series Finale — Best Ever Advice from the Actively Passive Investing Show ft. Travis Watts
In the final episode of the Actively Passive Investing Show, Travis highlights some of the Best Ever advice he's given on the show.
The views and opinions expressed in this blog post are provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as an offer to buy or sell any securities or to make or consider any investment or course of action.