Ever dreamed of achieving financial freedom through real estate investing? Join us as we uncover the secrets of Mel and Dave Dupuis's extraordinary journey. With over 240 units across five countries, they've mastered the art of creative financing and portfolio diversification, all without their own capital or joint venture partners.
- The Power of Creative Financing: Mel and Dave's journey began with traditional real estate investing, using their own funds. However, they soon realized that working multiple jobs wasn't the path to financial freedom. Creative financing became their game-changer. They discussed using secured funds like 401(k) and RRSPs, promissory notes, and owner financing to acquire properties with minimal risk and maximum returns.
- Expanding Across Borders: The duo shared their motivation for venturing into different countries, such as Canada, the US, Costa Rica, Mexico, and the Dominican Republic. Their aim was to diversify their portfolio, manage risk, and enjoy the perks of traveling. By implementing their creative financing strategies in international markets, they've successfully continued to grow and thrive.
- Adapting to Changing Markets: As seasoned investors, Mel and Dave discussed how they stay ahead of market changes. They emphasized the importance of researching secondary and tertiary markets, like those in Alberta, Texas, and Florida, which offer higher cap rates and cash flow potential. They also highlighted the growing interest from investors with registered funds, looking for stable, real estate-backed returns in today's uncertain economic climate.
Mel and Dave Dupuis | Real Estate Background
- Real estate investors and mentors with “The Action Family”
- 240+ multifamily units solely owned in 5 countries
- Based in: North Bay, Ontario
- Say hi to them at:
- Best Ever Book: The Ultimate Blueprint for an Insanely Successful Business by Keith Cunningham
- Greatest Lesson: You don't need to use your own money to grow your portfolio.
Click here to learn more about our sponsors:
Skip the Waitlist at www.masterworks.art/bestever
This is not an offer of a security or investment advice. See important disclosures at masterworks.com/cd. View all past offerings here. When Masterworks presents the net return of an investment in a sold artwork, “net return” or “IRR” refers to the annualized internal rate of return net of all fees and expenses, calculated from the offering closing date to the date the sale is consummated. IRR is not indicative of Masterworks paintings not yet sold and past performance is not indicative of future results. For additional information regarding the calculation of IRR for a particular investment in an artwork that has been sold, a reconciliation will be filed as an exhibit to Form 1-U and will be available on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov.