Sterling Griffin, Founder of Sterling Capital, shares his journey from homelessness to financial freedom through medical real estate investing. He discusses the unique strategies he employs in this niche market, the importance of mentorship, and valuable lessons learned along the way.
- Buy Off Market, Sell on Market: Sterling emphasizes the importance of buying off-market properties in the medical real estate sector. By identifying hidden opportunities that haven't yet been priced at their full market value, investors can secure unique deals that offer significant potential for profit.
- The Power of Mentorship: Sterling attributes much of his success to mentorship. He highlights the value of learning from those who have already achieved what you aspire to accomplish. Mentorship can provide essential insights, shortcuts, and the right mindset needed to thrive in the world of commercial real estate.
- Investing in Medical Real Estate: Sterling's approach to medical real estate investing involves securing existing properties, planning for specific tenants, and having exit strategies in place. While the market dynamics may change, Sterling focuses on delivering consistent returns, typically targeting around 30-31% returns, showcasing the importance of adaptability in real estate investment.
Sterling Griffin | Real Estate Background
- Founder of Sterling Capital
- $20 million in medical real estate
- $9.5 million in other NNN commercial properties
- Based in: Austin, TX
- Say hi to him at:
- Best Ever Book: The Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- Greatest Lesson: Not getting everything in writing and relying on a tenant's word as I invested heavily into specialized development for their needs.
Click here to learn more about our sponsors: