Who They Are
Revolution Leadership (RL)® was founded in 2001 by Audrey K. Chisholm, Esq. As a 17-year old sophomore at Florida State University, Mrs. Chisholm was inspired to start a nonprofit organization that would focus on leadership development and award annual scholarships. She used her own summer internship savings to fund the first Revolution Leadership® Retreat (RLR) on July 6, 2002. In 2006, the Revolution Leadership® Retreat was merged into the corporation Revolution Leadership®, Inc. (RL) and was incorporated in the State of Florida as a Florida not-for-profit corporation. Revolution Leadership® received its 501(c)(3) federal tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service. Since then, over 1,663 students have successfully participated in their leadership retreats, workshops, college tours, SAT/ACT training, and other programming and they have awarded 30 college scholarships.
What They Do
The mission of Revolution Leadership®, Inc. is to equip young people with the skills and financial confidence to succeed in college, business, and leadership within their community.
Revolution Leadership, Inc.® is a federally recognized 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization that helps students succeed by providing them with educational leadership training, college scholarships, mentors, business/workplace skills and financial management education to assist them with graduating from college debt free.
- The organization is 18 years old
- Over 1,689 students have attended their annual leadership retreats, educational workshops, seminars and college tours
- They have awarded thirty (30) college scholarships to deserving high school graduating seniors who wrote essays, submitted letters of recommendation, academic transcripts and were chosen by the scholarship selection committee
- Thirty (30) high school students participated in their overnight college tour, engaged in a round table discussion with current college student leaders and took a group photo with local and state government leaders
How You Can Help
100% of our donation of $1,000 will go towards the scholarship fund. There have been 34 scholarships awarded to date!
- 100% of donations from the general public are used directly for leadership programming for students and scholarships
- A portion of major donations are used toward administrative expenses and overhead.
- 100% of our staff are unpaid volunteers (including the President).
- 100% of all donations are used to support our mission.