In a conversation with Connor Steinbrook, who is an online poker star turned real estate investor that specializes in wholesaling and fix-and-flipping, he provided 8 different techniques on how to quickly build a buyers list.
- Post squeeze pages on online classified sites
- Drive traffic to squeeze pages via social media
Like Connor, you can even hire virtual assistants to run all of your social media sites and marketing platforms.
- Create YouTube videos with annotations linked to your lead capture page
- Post ads to Craigslist
- Put up bandit signs
- Go to other, larger wholesaler property showings and network with the investors that are viewing the property
- Go down to the city auction and network with the investors in attendance
Step 1 – Type “We Buy Houses (insert city name)” into the search field
Step 2 – Hit “search” and the results will include both paid advertisements and top organic searches
Step 3 – Click on Top Hit
Step 4 – Capture email address and add to buyers list. There are two ways to obtain an email address
- Many companies will have their email addresses listed directly on their site.
- If email isn’t listed, then you will have to call the company. If you have to go the phone route, it is important to be respectful of their time, so don’t ask for their buying criteria because you are just going to annoy people.
- The only goal of the phone call is to capture their email address, which can be done rather quickly.
- When you call them up, say, “hi, my name is XXXX and I came across your information online. I am selling discount properties in your area. Would you like to be added to my buyers list?”
- If they say yes, ask them to text you their email address so that you don’t write it down wrong.
Step 5 – Repeat
- You can build a 100-person buyers list in a week following this process
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog post are provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as an offer to buy or sell any securities or to make or consider any investment or course of action.